Simple method for quickly boosting your focus & productivity
The technique uses a timer to break down work into intervals traditionally 25 minutes in length, separated by short breaks. These intervals are known as “pomodori”, the plural of the Italian word pomodoro for “tomato”.
The method is based on the idea that frequent breaks can improve mental agility.
Here are the basic steps to implementing the technique:
- Decide on the task to be done.
- Set the pomodoro timer to 25 minutes.
- Work on the task until the notification rings.
- Take a short, 5 minutes break.
- Continue working.
- Every fourth “pomodoro” take a longer break (15–30 minutes).
The best online pomodoro timer is right here. It’s called Tomatoid. All the necessary pomodoro functions are free.
If you are student, teacher, charity or non-profit organization, you can even use the premium version for free!
Petr, Tomatoid author