Tomatoid is a simple clock timer application for making your work more organized using the Pomodoro technique
What is Pomodoro
The Pomodoro Technique is a time management method developed by Francesco Cirillo in the late 1980s.
The technique uses a timer to break down work into intervals traditionally 25 minutes in length, separated by short breaks. These intervals are known as “pomodori”, the plural of the Italian word pomodoro for “tomato”.
The method is based on the idea that frequent breaks can improve mental agility.
How can I start
Here are the basic steps to implementing the technique:
- Decide on the task to be done.
- Set the pomodoro timer to 25 minutes.
- Work on the task until the notification rings.
- Take a short, 5 minutes break.
- Continue working.
- Every fourth “pomodoro” take a longer break (15–30 minutes).
- It is free. Completely. It always was and always will be.
- It is online and accessible from everywhere. No need to install.
- It works on any device. All you need is a web browser.
- It maintains a history of completed and uncompleted tasks.
- It supports notes. Your thoughts will be saved along with the task.
- It is constantly improving. Everyone can contribute by filling this form.
So, what do you say?
There are two versions of Tomatoid: basic and premium. The basic version is forever free, and can be used even without an account.
Every new account receives free 30-day premium version trial period. When the trial period expires, you can either purchase the premium version or continue using the basic version. No data are lost in the process.